U-Space has prepared and co-financed this project as project partner. The project, financed by the “LIFE+ Environment Policy and Governance 2008” Programme, is about the “widespread introduction of constructed wetlands for a wastewater treatment of Agro Pontino”. Its purpose is the implementation of an environmental regeneration programme of the Pontine Plain through widespread biofiltering systems. The project has been awarded among the “Best of the best LIFE Environment projects”, and has also received the “Citizens’ Choice” award for being the most voted project on the Internet.
U-Space has been responsible for the following activities:
- monitoring of the project;
- elaboration of the report on the state of the environment;
- identification of landscape elements and definition of the actions for improving the ecological network;
- elaboration of the Strategic Environmental Assessment;
- implementation of the geographic database;
- implementation of the web portal and the WebGIS.